Breastmilk is best for baby and is the only food or drink that baby needs until around 6 months. If baby is formula fed, baby can be offered cooled, boiled water as well as formula. From around 6 months all babies can have cooled, boiled waterin a bottle or cup.
When can babies drink other liquids?
When your child is about 6 months old, you can start introducing him or her to foods and drinks other than breast milk and infant formula. The foods and drinks you feed your child are sometimes called complementary foods.
What can I give my baby to drink besides formula?
A Comprehensive Look at Alternatives to Baby Formula
- Goat Milk.
- Coconut Milk.
- Rice Milk.
- Soy Milk.
- Almond Milk.
- Hemp Milk.
What Can I Give My 9 month old to drink?
Offer a variety of fruits, vegetables, cereal, breads, pasta, lean meat, and formula or breast milk. Many babies have less interest in the bottle or breast as they eat more foods. Introduce a sippy-cup with water or formula/breast milk.
Do you give a bottle with baby food?
You should not give your baby solid foods in a bottle. This may cause choking or overeating, and it may slow your baby’s development of feeding skills. Cow’s milk shouldn’t be added to the diet until your baby is age 1.
What happens if you give a baby soda?
Fizzy drinks, fruit squashes and flavoured milks are not healthy choices for your baby. Most fizzy drinks and fruit squashes are sugary and acidic, so they can damage your baby’s emerging teeth. Flavoured milk (such as chocolate milk) and milkshakes usually contain added sugar, too.
What Can I Give My 9 month old for lunch?
Lunch ideas for babies and young children
- lamb curry with rice.
- cauliflower cheese with cooked pasta pieces.
- baked beans (reduced salt and sugar) with toast.
- scrambled egg with toast, chapatti or pitta bread served with vegetable finger foods.
- cottage cheese (full-fat) dip with pitta bread, cucumber and carrot sticks.
What can I feed my 9 month old for breakfast?
- Option 1: Unsweetened whole milk yogurt with mashed peaches.
- Option 2: Oatmeal cereal.
- Option 3: Whole grain waffle strips.
- Option 4: Orange Sunny Soup.
- Option 5: Soft scrambled egg.
What finger foods can I give my 7 month old?
Some good finger food ideas:
- O-shaped cereal.
- Rice cakes.
- Very ripe, peeled pear or banana pieces.
- Tofu chunks.
- Scrambled eggs.
- Well-cooked/canned green beans.
- Pasta tubes or shells.
- Finely shredded chicken.