It is recommended that pregnant women who have the flu are treated with antiviral medicines because they are at much higher risk of complications. Antiviral medicines work best when started within 48 hours of symptoms starting.
What can a pregnant woman take for flu?
- menthol rub on your chest, temples, and under the nose.
- nasal strips, which are sticky pads that open congested airways.
- cough drops or lozenges.
- acetaminophen (Tylenol) for aches, pains, and fevers.
- cough suppressant at night.
- expectorant during the day.
5 авг. 2016 г.
What cold and flu medicine is safe while pregnant?
Common Cold Medicine and Pregnancy: The Safe List
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
- Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed)
- Loratadine (Claritin)
- Zinc lozenges.
- Chloraseptic spray (but a salt water gargle is just as effective, with no risks)
26 авг. 2009 г.
Can I take Tylenol Cold and flu while pregnant?
For example, while Tylenol pain reliever (acetaminophen) is relatively safe for occasional use during pregnancy, Tylenol Sinus Congestion and Pain and Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom liquid contain the decongestant phenylephrine, which is not.
How can I treat the flu naturally while pregnant?
For symptoms, try these four natural flu remedies:
- Use sugar- or honey-based lozenges to relieve sore throats and coughs.
- Get plenty of bed rest.
- Drink lots of fluids, like water, juice, and caffeine-free tea.
- Put an air humidifier in your room to provide extra moisture, which can help ease congestion.
Can coughing hurt the baby while pregnant?
Even if you’re coughing a lot, you’re very unlikely to harm your baby – he or she is well protected inside you. “If you’ve got a cough during pregnancy,” says midwife and health visitor Karina Dyer, “it could well be your body’s way of saying slow down and rest – so take as much time out as you can.”
Does being sick while pregnant affect the baby?
But getting sick with flu early in pregnancy makes it twice as likely to have a baby with birth defects of the brain, spine or heart, Gupta said. Women who aren’t sure they should get a flu shot should have a discussion with a medical professional, he advised.
Can you take Vitamin C while pregnant?
During pregnancy, vitamin C is vital for both mom and baby. You need it for tissue repair and wound healing, and it helps your baby’s bones and teeth develop, too. Vitamin C also aids in the body’s production of collagen, helps bolster immunity and, on top of it all, improves your ability to absorb iron.
Is Honey safe during pregnancy?
Yes, it is safe to eat honey while you are pregnant. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists does not list honey in their recommended list of foods that pregnant women should avoid. There are two main reasons why it is safe for women to eat honey while they are pregnant.
How do I get rid of a cough while pregnant?
To relieve coughing during pregnancy is recommended to avoid cold, heavily polluted, or dusty places. Alongside, pregnant women should also drink about 2 liters of water a day, as well as warm teas, with honey and lemon, which can help relieve the cough naturally.
What meds are OK to take while pregnant?
Which Medications Are Safe During Pregnancy?
- Safe to take: Regular and extra-strength Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Safe to take: Metamucil, Colace, Citracel, Milk of Magnesia, Dulcolax.
- Safe to take: Tums, Maalox, Mylanta, Pepcid.
- Safe to take: Penicillin.
- Safe to take: Monistat, Gynelotrimin.
11 июн. 2015 г.
How do you get rid of a stuffy nose while pregnant?
What are the recommendations for pregnancy nasal congestion?
- Apply a warm, wet washcloth to your cheeks, eyes, and nose to reduce congestion.
- Avoid using nasal sprays unless prescribed by your doctor because they can aggravate your symptoms.
- Drink plenty of fluids (at least 6-8 glasses of fluids a day) to thin mucus.
What happens if a pregnant woman gets the flu?
Flu also may be harmful for a pregnant woman’s developing baby. A common flu symptom is fever, which may be associated with neural tube defects and other adverse outcomes for a developing baby. Getting vaccinated also can help protect a baby after birth from flu.
What causes flu during pregnancy?
It’s busy supplying blood to you and your baby. All of this means your body is stressed during pregnancy. This stress on your body can make you more likely to get the flu. If you’re pregnant or had a baby within the last 2 weeks, you’re more likely than other women to have serious health problems from the flu.
Is Orange Juice Good for the flu?
Orange juice, especially with the pulp, is packed with vitamin C and folic acid, which may give your immune system a boost and help you feel better faster.