This medication can cause nausea, constipation, diarrhea, or headache.
If these symptoms persist or become severe, notify your doctor.
Using an antacid that contains only aluminum along with this product can help control diarrhea.
The aluminum in this product can cause constipation.
- 1 What are the side effects of Gaviscon?
- 2 When should you not take Gaviscon?
- 3 Can I drink water after taking Gaviscon?
- 4 Can you be allergic to Gaviscon?
- 5 Is Gaviscon safe for kidneys?
- 6 Can I take two Gaviscon?
- 7 Can Gaviscon Infant cause constipation?
- 8 What is the best antacid?
- 9 Is it better to take Zantac at night or in the morning?
What are the side effects of Gaviscon?
Gaviscon Tablet, Chewable Side Effects by Likelihood and Severity
- Feel Like Throwing Up.
- Stomach Cramps.
- Taste Problems.
- Throwing Up.
When should you not take Gaviscon?
Some medicines must not be taken at the same time as Gaviscon. This is because the medicines can interfere with each other. Do not take Gaviscon within 2 hours before or after taking: antihistamines.
Can I drink water after taking Gaviscon?
Gaviscon comes as a chewable tablet and liquid to take by mouth. For the medication to work properly you need to chew the tablets thoroughly and you should not swallow them whole. Drink a full glass of water after taking the tablets. The liquid may be mixed with water or milk.
Can you be allergic to Gaviscon?
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
Is Gaviscon safe for kidneys?
Gaviscon ®Advance should not be used as it contains potassium which may be restricted in renal disease. Remegel ® tablets which contain calcium carbonate can also be taken occasionally provided levels of calcium in the blood are not raised above normal.
Can I take two Gaviscon?
Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses. Many times Gaviscon Tablet (aluminum hydroxide and magnesium trisilicate) is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
Can Gaviscon Infant cause constipation?
Your child is unlikely to have any side-effects from gaviscon. Occasionally infants get a bit constipated (have difficulty doing a poo) as the gaviscon acts as a feed thickener.
What is the best antacid?
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: TUMS Ultra Strength 1000 Assorted Tropical Fruit Antacid.
- Best Heartburn Relief: Alka-Seltzer Relief Chews Heartburn Assorted Fruit.
- Best Liquid Antacid: Mylanta Maximum Strength Antacid, Classic Flavor, 12 Ounce.
- Best Chewable Antacid: SoundHealth Extra Strength Antacid Chews.
Is it better to take Zantac at night or in the morning?
It does not matter if you take it before, with or after food. If ranitidine is prescribed twice a day, the best time to take it is in the morning and at bedtime. If ranitidine is prescribed once daily, the best time to take it is at bedtime.
Photo in the article by “Needpix.com”